With a strong mission and an exciting, we’re looking to invite passionate, creative and driven people to join our board. As a board member, you would be asked to contribute in the following ways:
- Join a committee, which may include board governance
- Share your professional expertise and advice
- Provide philanthropic support
- Connect Art Start to the right people, resources, and partnerships
We ask that board members make a commitment of 2 years to Art Start. Candidates need not be located in New York, but will be asked to attend our annual meeting in NYC on an agreed upon date.
View our current board here.
- Participate on one designated project per year.
- Attend four out of six board meetings per year
- Have 3+ years experience in the nonprofit, small business, media and entertainment, or corporate sectors.
- Have experience and/or expertise in at least one of the following areas: finance, accounting, marketing, development, public relations, law, criminal justice system, homelessness/homelessness services
- Donate and/or bring in funds and cultivate resources for the organization.
- Some prior board experience preferred, but not required.
- Believe in the mission of Art Start and share in our Values.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and a short cover statement about your interest to our Board Chair, Marion Tanis, firstname.lastname@example.org